Please fill out the following link for our premier training program: 2018 Black Bears Spring / Summer Training. When complete, please add up the total (one camp = $325; two camps = $600) and send a check to:
Payable to Alex Moody
Mail to: Alex Moody, 195 Barker Street, North Andover, MA 01845
one camp = $325
two camps = $600
- Training takes place on Mondays (both sessions) and the start time is on or near 7pm
- There are 8 intense skates in a session
- Student-athletes train with similar age and ability players
- Training is run by Alex Moody and Neil Mulcahy (bio’s can be found at the bottom of the page). When complete, please add up the total and send a check payable to Alex Moody (one camp = $325)(two camps = $600). Please mail to Alex Moody, 195 Barker Street, North Andover, MA 01845 (payable to Alex Moody).
Details to fill out are in the link. 2017 Black Bears Spring / Summer Training
Please view this link for a list of our alumni ( Alumni )
Bio’s for our Premier Training Coaches and Hockey Night In Boston Directors/Coaches
President & General Manager
Alex Moody (Governor’s ’89; USHL ’90; Colby ’94)
email@example.com / (978) 807-6564
- 4-year starting goaltender, MVP, and New England Prep School Champion at Governors Academy
- High school All-Scholastic and Bauer all-American
- Player of the Year and MVP of the Madison Capitals (USHL); coached by Scott Owens, former Head Coach of Colorado College
- CCHA Division I scholarship recipient (in writing from Head Coach Bill Switaj)
- Two-time MVP, team captain, All-New England and All-American finalist at Colby College (NESCAC)
- Coached by Scott Borek (Providence Associate Head Coach, Hockey East)
- Coached by Scott Owens (Former Colorado College Head Hockey Coach, NCHA)
Coaching Experience: (taught mathematics, ran a dorm, worked in the College Advisory Office and Athletic Office, and coached hockey and lacrosse)
- Shattuck St. Mary’s (MN) — coached with Andy Murray (Current Western Michigan Head Hockey Coach, former Canadian National Team Coach, and former Los Angeles Kings and St. Louis Blues Head Coach)
- Brooks School (MA)
- Berkshire School (MA)
- Extensive experience in promoting student-athletes
- Directly coached many student-athletes who have gone on to play Division I College Athletics (with scholarships), many more who have played at smaller elite academic institutions, and players that have gone on to play in the NHL and in the minor leagues
- Alex’s former players have participated in the NCAA Division I Lacrosse Championships and the NCAA Division I Hockey Frozen Four. Coach Moody has a passion for developing and promoting student athletes to the next level.
- Former Player Ben Barr has excelled as Current Western Michigan Associate Head Hockey Coach, (NCHA) and former Providence College Associate Head Coach (Hockey East)
“I had the blessing of being able to play three Varsity sports for four years in Prep School. Despite being an elite student-athlete, I still did not achieve my goal of a Division I scholarship. I was fortunate enough to be able to play Junior Hockey in the USHL, lived with a family in Madison, Wisconsin – and took a psychology class at Madison Area Technical College. All of the extra year activities gave me some outstanding college options. I was a more complete student-athlete. I was more mature physically and emotionally and I followed a passion of mine that made me very attractive to college recruiters and admissions officers. The “Gap Year” (http://www.admissions.
Head Coach (Junior/Prep)
Neil Mulcahy (Malden HS ’82; South Shore Braves, 83; Plattsburgh State University, ’87)
- Captain of Plattsburgh State University
- Won National Championship in 1987
- Has been on the staff of the Middlesex Black Bears since its inaugural season in 2011-2012.
- Has been coaching hockey for over 25 years.
- Has coached in the ISL (Independent School League), the Eastern Junior Hockey League, the Mass Satellite Hockey Program and the Eastern Federation Hockey League
- International Hockey experience – coached a 13U North American Team (79ers Hockey Program) to compete in the Challenger Cup Series in Prague against teams from Russia, Czech Republic, Latvia and Austria in the summer of 2015
- Former skating and skills instructor from Paul Vincent’s Dynamic Skating. He continues to teach all age groups in small groups as well as in private lessons