President and General Manager
Alex Moody (Governor’s Academy, ’89; USHL, ’90; Colby College, ’94)
email@example.com / (978) 807-6564
- 4-year starting goaltender, MVP, and New England Prep School Champion at Governors Academy
- High school All-Scholastic and Bauer all-American
- Player of the Year and MVP of the Madison Capitals (USHL); coached by Scott Owens, former Head Coach of Colorado College
- CCHA Division I scholarship recipient (in writing from Head Coach Bill Switaj)
- Two-time MVP, team captain, All-New England and All-American finalist at Colby College (NESCAC)
- Coached by Scott Borek (Providence Associate Head Coach, Hockey East)
- Coached by Scott Owens (Former Colorado College Head Hockey Coach, NCHA)
Coaching Experience: (taught mathematics, ran a dorm, worked in the College Advisory Office and Athletic Office, and coached hockey and lacrosse)
- Shattuck St. Mary’s (MN) — coached with Andy Murray (Current Western Michigan Head Hockey Coach, former Canadian National Team Coach, and former Los Angeles Kings and St. Louis Blues Head Coach)
- Brooks School (MA)
- Berkshire School (MA)
- Extensive experience in promoting student-athletes
- Directly coached many student-athletes who have gone on to play Division I College Athletics (with scholarships), many more who have played at smaller elite academic institutions, and players that have gone on to play in the NHL and in the minor leagues
- Alex’s former players have participated in the NCAA Division I Lacrosse Championships and the NCAA Division I Hockey Frozen Four. Coach Moody has a passion for developing and promoting student athletes to the next level.
- Former Player Ben Barr has excelled as Current UMass Amherst (Hockey East) Associate Head Hockey Coach, (NCHA) and former Providence College Associate Head Coach (Hockey East)
“I had the blessing of being able to play three Varsity sports for four years in Prep School. Despite being an elite student-athlete, I still did not achieve my goal of a Division I scholarship. I was fortunate enough to be able to play Junior Hockey in the USHL, lived with a family in Madison, Wisconsin – and took a psychology class at Madison Area Technical College. All of the extra year activities gave me some outstanding college options. I was a more complete student-athlete. I was more mature physically and emotionally and I followed a passion of mine that made me very attractive to college recruiters and admissions officers. The “Gap Year” (http://www.admissions.
Coach / Head of Player Development
Neil Mulcahy (Malden HS ’82; South Shore Braves, 83; Plattsburgh State University, ’87)
firstname.lastname@example.org / (617) 413-2604
- Captain of Plattsburgh State University
- Won National Championship in 1987
- Has been on the staff of the Middlesex Black Bears since its inaugural season in 2011-2012.
- Has been coaching hockey for over 25 years.
- Has coached in the ISL (Independent School League), the Eastern Junior Hockey League, the Mass Satellite Hockey Program and the Eastern Federation Hockey League
- International Hockey experience – coached a 13U North American Team (79ers Hockey Program) to compete in the Challenger Cup Series in Prague against teams from Russia, Czech Republic, Latvia and Austria in the summer of 2015
- Former skating and skills instructor from Paul Vincent’s Dynamic Skating. He continues to teach all age groups in small groups as well as in private lessons
Greg Piatelli (Berkshire School, ’09; Syracuse University, ’13)
email@example.com / (413-429-7372)
- Berkshire School
- Varsity football, ice hockey, and lacrosse
- All-League, All-New England, Prep Senior All-Star, Captain as a lacrosse player
- Was recruited by several NCAA Division II and III colleges and universities. Coach Piatelli set his sights on a larger school with Division I opportunities.
- Decided to attend Syracuse University to play lacrosse
- Was recruited by several NCAA Division II and III colleges and universities, but decided to set his sights on a larger school with Division I opportunities.
- Attended Syracuse University to play lacrosse
- Has been an instrumental part of the success of and growth of the Middlesex Black Bears
- Served as Head Coach of the Junior-Prep hockey team for three years
- Participates as a coach during spring and summer skills camps
- Head Coach of Lacrosse for Austin Prep