Student-athletes and Families,
We are very much looking forward to having your son with us for our Tier I 2022 Summer Season beginning on Monday, July 18th through Sunday, July 31st. We wanted to provide you all with additional information regarding arrivals (flight & driving), packing lists, expectations in the dormitory, and departures (flight & driving).
There is A LOT of information in this page. Please read through it carefully with your family.
ARRIVALS (FLIGHTS ONLY):
- Please schedule your flights to arrive on Monday, July 18th between the hours of 11am – 8pm EST (best window).
- IF you are planning on flying in a day early, please note that you will be responsible for your transportation and lodging until check-in on Monday, July 18th.
- Our Coaching staff will be picking student-athletes up in waves on Monday, July 18th.
- Please understand that your son may have to wait after he has touched down and picked up his luggage. Communication is KEY in this process and we as a staff want to ensure that everyone is accounted for. We will be creating a group chat with everyone in June as well (GroupMe – app) so please be on the lookout for that communication as well.
- Please schedule your flights to arrive and depart from Boston Logan Airport.
- Please fill out our Flight Information Form here (link) with your arrival details.
- This needs to be filled out by FRIDAY, JULY 1ST at the latest regardless if you are driving or flying in.
- Once the form has been filled out you are all set and DO NOT need to fill it out again.
- Please keep the staff informed of any changes to your arrival time on Monday, July 18th.
- Please keep your phone ON (with the ringer on as well) at all times and when you have the opportunity to do so, please charge your phones as that will be our direct line of communication.
- We will have an informational session in person at The Sonesta once everyone has arrived and is settled into their rooms on Monday.
- Please plan to arrive at Sonesta ES Suites (address below) no EARLIER than 1pm ET on Monday, July 18th.
- Address: 4 Tech Drive, Andover, MA 01810
- We will have members of our staff at Sonesta to check student-athletes in at 1pm ET (no earlier). We will not check you into your room if you arrive prior to 1pm ET.
- Student-athletes that are driving themselves, once you arrive, you will give your keys to one of the coaches on staff as we will be providing all of the transportation for the time you are here. No one will be allowed to take their cars anywhere off campus during the duration of the event.
- Please see the list pasted below.
- Please note that the Sonesta will provide towels and bedding during the event so you will not need to bring your own sheets or towels.
- Please also note that there are OPTIONAL items on the list that are not mandatory to bring with you.
- Please note that we will also be providing your son with a jersey and socks that he will have for the duration of the event that we will collect at the end of the session.
EXPECTATIONS IN DORMITORY:
- There will be kitchen, bathroom and bedroom amenities (i.e. toilet paper, bedding, pillows, towels, basic kitchen appliances, limited amount of plates, pots and pans, and silverware).
- Respect for your living quarters and taking care of your bodies
- Our staff recognizes and respects the fact that for some of you this will be your first living experience away from home. It is IMPERATIVE that we practice good hygiene habits and are taking care of our living quarters.
- Please respect the Sonesta living quarters. We will have a damage waiver that you will have to sign at check in. This is a precautionary measure in case there is any damage to the rooms, but we do not anticipate any damage being done during the weekend.
- Respect for the Sonesta and Tier I Coaching staff
- The Sonesta staff and our coaching staff have done a very nice job in preparing the living space for your son.
DEPARTURES (FLIGHTS ONLY):
- Please schedule your flights to depart on Sunday, July 31st between the hours of 6pm – 10pm ET.
- Our coaching staff will be collecting and reviewing the departure information on Saturday evening.
- Our coaching staff will be providing transportation to Logan Airport for drop-off. Please be aware that we will be doing drop-offs by time of flight so your son will be dropped off in plenty of time to check in and get situated at his gate before takeoff.
DEPARTURES (DRIVING ONLY):
- Student-athletes will receive their keys after our final game for HNIB (schedule still has not yet been released) and when we return to the Sonesta. They are free to go once we return from the field and their room has been cleaned up.
- Parents picking up their sons are welcome to do so at the rink for our final game at HNIB. We will communicate with those student-athletes directly.
GAME/PRACTICE SCHEDULE & TEAMS:
- Our coaching staff will inform the boys after checking in which team they will be on for Chowder Cup and HNIB. ALL of the teams will be competing in the same divisions for Chowder Cup and HNIB and rosters will be provided to the tournaments.
- We DO NOT have Chowder Cup or HNIB game schedules yet and won’t have them until much closer to the start dates. When we do receive them, we will communicate with the student-athletes directly to inform them of when and where they are playing and it will then be on them to communicate with their families accordingly as it is done in the NCAA.
- We will be communicating with the boys on a daily basis regarding the practice schedule and when we are leaving for the rink. The rink that we are practicing out of will have LiveBarn turned on. The rink we are practicing out of is:
- Breakaway Ice Center – Tewksbury, MA
- LiveBarn Website
- Families are more than welcome to attend Chowder Cup and HNIB games.
- Extra sticks
- Tape for sticks
- ALL of your hockey equipment
- Please double and triple check your bag before you depart for MA to make sure you have ALL of your equipment
- Cell-phone chargers
- Plenty of on and off ice workout gear
- i.e. shorts, shirts, socks, sneakers, etc.
- Storage bin (for under bed, optional, but recommended)
- Swimsuit / Beach attire
- The Sonesta does have an outdoor pool.
- We also may have some small windows for beach-time in the beautiful Seaport Town of Newburyport, Massachusetts.
- Laundry bag
- The Sonesta does have laundry on the second floor and the machines are debit/credit card operated.
- We will be going grocery shopping but the following items are HIGHLY recommended for you to bring with you
- Small case (with a lock if possible) to store your personal food items (optional)
- Bottled water
- Granola Bars
- Towels (optional – Sonesta will provide towels as well)
- Shower caddy (optional)
- Flip flops
*small changes/additions to this document may be made to enhance the student-athlete experience*