MXB Tier I Prep Recruiting Form
“If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.” – Ryan Blair
- Our MXB Tier I Hockey Program is designed to be a hybrid of the best parts of the Prep School and Junior Hockey experiences for those families seeking discipline, enhanced maturity, development, loyalty, and guidance to their next step. Our season runs from September through early March.
- Our program places an extreme emphasis on the “student” portion of the “student-athlete.” The classroom student and the on-ice student-athlete. The two major academic goals of the MXB Tier I are to prepare student-athletes for their next best step and will guide them with loyalty through the process.
- The MXB Tier I organization is for serious student-athletes, and families that want a healthy experience and environment, and need a full season to improve their hockey skills, strength, academic intelligence, and maturity as we prepare them for their next best step.
- The MXB Tier I program is for those student-athletes who want to eventually attend the BEST academic school possible in which they will obtain an elite education and enjoy a great college experience.
If you and your family are serious about the following topics then we invite you to fill out our recruiting form above so we can invite you onto one of our informational conference calls:
- Your family is interested in navigating the entire Prep School admission process where they can maximize best next step opportunities along with a focused approach on the financial aid process.
- Your family is interested in a dual approach of the Prep School admission process along with a strategy and roadmap to enter into a high level junior program that values development and loyalty for their younger student-athletes.
- Your family is interested in high-level, NCAA style of on-ice development through practices and off-ice training rather than loading up on meaningless games just to have games.
- Your family is interested in an intelligent approach, as you value the academic side of the ledger, of finding the best “next step” without losing a year due to a lack of quality coaching, subpar development, uneducated organizations/people and ignoring what is most important – the STUDENT-athlete.
- Lead Mentors/Coaches:
Alex Moody Faribault, Minnesota / North Andover, Massachusetts
Alex Moody has been serving student-athletes and their families for decades. As a student-athlete, Alex was Nationally recognized prior to High School being selected for the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO representing the state of Massachusetts. As a goaltender, Alex has had success in Prep School at The Governor’s Academy earning MVP and all-American Honors while also capturing a New England Prep School Championship. In the USHL (United States Junior Hockey League) Alex played under ‘80 Olympic Gold Medalist Bob Suter and former Colorado College (and former USHL head coach of the Sioux Falls Stampede), Scott Owens. Alex earned both MVP and Player of the year Awards for the Madison Capitols. Earning a DI CCHA scholarship in writing (which he still displays today) along with an acceptance to a small Ivy School in the NESCAC (Colby College), Alex maturely chose the latter where he went on to be an All-American finalist and the only back-to-back MVP recipient in school history. Alex has worked with many coaches first hand as mentors and friends including Merrimack College’s Head Coach Scott Borek (Hockey East), Holy Cross’ Head Coach Dave Berard (Atlantic), UMass’ Associate Head Coach Ben Barr (Hockey East), Western Michigan’s Head Coach Andy Murray (NCHA) and Babson College’s Head Coach Jamie Rice (#1 small business school in the country). Alex’s son is a DI Ivy League recruit. Alex has had the pleasure of working with many student-athletes having coached at Shattuck-St. Mary’s (SSM) in Faribault, MN as well at at Berkshire and Brooks Schools in the NE Prep League. His student-athletes have had success at the NCAA, Olympic, National and Pro levels.
Vestal, New York / Franklin Pierce
- Franklin Pierce University: NCAA
- Northeast-10 Presidents Award for Academic Excellence, 2021
- Chi Alpha Sigma (National College Athlete Honor Society) Member, 2022-Current
- 3x AHCA All-American Scholar
- 8x Northeast-10 Academic Honor Roll
- Middlesex Black Bears
- AEHL Showcase MVP, 2016-2017
- Syracuse Stars: USPHL
- USPHL Goaltender of the Year, 2014-2015
- Franklin Pierce University
- Bachelor of Arts 2022, Summa Cum Laude
- Major in History (High Honors), Minor in Political Science & Philosophy
- Clio Award, 2021 & 2022: Presented in Recognition of Exemplary Service to the History Program, Accomplishments, and a Critical and Probing Sprit
- Athena Award, 2022: Presented in Recognition of High Academic Achievement in Philosophy as Demonstrated Through Exemplary Completion of the Philosophy Portfolio
- Apollon Valakis Scholarship recipient, 2021: Presented in Recognition of High Academic Achievement and Campus Citizenship
- Phi Alpha Theta (National Historical Honor Society) Member 2020-Current
- Presenter Phi Alpha Theta Spring 2021 Conference
- Alpha Chi (National College Honors Society) Member 2020-Current
- Phi Sigma Alpha (National Political Science Honors Society) Member 2020-Current
- Student Affairs Peer Leadership Program 2019-2022
- Bachelor of Arts 2022, Summa Cum Laude
North Andover, Massachusetts / Endicott College
Three sport student-athlete Central Catholic High School
NCAA student-athlete Endicott College
- Football, Hockey, Lacrosse
Junior Hockey (AEHL) Co-Head Coach
- Spirit of 88 Award Recipient (2014)
- Award given to an Endicott College student-athlete who demonstrates love for the game, his teammates, and pays it forward by helping those in the local community
- Business Management Degree with a Minor in Communications
Tier I Hockey Managing Director and Head Coach
- AEHL Champions (2016-2017)
- Coached and recruited student-athletes from North America for Junior Prep, Midget and Bantam Hockey Programs.
- Mentored and guided student-athletes through the recruiting and admissions process in the NCAA.
- Began working with the Tier I Hockey Organization in 2013.
- 2022 Hockey Night In Boston Championship, Boys Major Showcase – Team Bay State
- Semi-final appearances in 2021 & 2022 Hockey Night In Boston Girls Major Showcase.
- Has helped mentor and guide hundreds of student-athletes in the Tier I Organization through the recruiting and admissions process at both the NCAA and Prep-School levels.
- Coached and recruited female/male hockey student-athletes from all over North America for Tier I Summer Showcase Teams competing in Hockey Night in Boston (boys/girls), New England Chowder Cup (boys) and the Academy East Hockey League (AEHL).
Proven Standardized Test score increases:
- Jonathan (NY) – improvement of 380 points
- Brandon (ID) – improvement of 360 points
- Sawyer (MA) – improvement of 240 points
- Conor (MA) – improvement of 230 points
- Matt (MA) – improvement of 190 points
- Joe (MA) – improvement of 180 points
- Mike (NH) – improvement of 170 points
- Jacob (CO) – improvement of 170 points
- Dom (VA) – improvement of 160 points
- Jason (CA) – improvement of 150 points
- Student-Athletes will take online classes for ONE year only (not included in our tuition) through a platform of their choosing in a structured learning environment. Some of the more popular platforms that have been utilized in the past are the following:
- Fusion Global Academy
- Connections Academy (based on the state of where the student-athlete lives)
- Student-athletes and families are also welcome to register their son for online classes through their current high school at their discretion if their school system will allow
- Standardized Test Prep Course:
- Student-athletes will take the Standardized Test in the fall after participating in a course and a structured plan of study.
- Next Step Guidance (Prep School/Other):
- Student-athletes work with our experienced staff to framework a plan tailored to their needs.
- Student-Athlete Roadmapping & Planning for Next Best Step
- Real life balance like they will experience in their next best step (Prep School/Other/Junior Hockey)
- The season is focused on development and preparation for the next best step.
- The practice/game ratio is healthy and is in line with the NCAA.
- The Focus is on achieving and maximizing this opportunity with the end result being a terrific next step.
- Our staff helps student-athletes adjust to living away from home and teaches them important strategies for time-management.
- Student-athletes that are training and playing with our organization are learning the importance of balance between academics, on and off ice training and through their social life.
- $20,995 (broken out over monthly installments)
- Tuition includes:
- FULL Room & Board (housing & food)
- Standardized Test Tutoring services
- NCAA-style practices & Off-ice training
- NCAA game-like schedule
- FULL transportation on daily basis
- Exposure, Marketing and Promotion by Staff
- Navigation through the Prep School Admission Process
- Navigation, Guidance and Roadmap planning
- Tuition includes:
- Please see our dormitory suites where our student-athletes will be living during the season